“The Boy Genius brings the iPhone 4.0 hype with some leaks about Apple’s next-generation iPhone OS — confirming some of what we’ve heard before with some new tidbits to light our imaginations:”
The new iPhone OS is set be to announced on 27th of January, according to BGR, the new OS is going to add a variety of new gestures, multi tasking features, which Apple is very delighted to show off. Gestures are hinting at what Apple might bring to the table… get ready! yes a tablet. What a surprise. The new update is for the iPhone 3G and the iPhone 3GS and of course the 4G, but leaving the 2G out to rot. The new iPhone is supposably going to be released at its normal schedule, Summer. Just like all the other phones in the past at WWDC.
BGR reports of Apple bringing new multi tasking features to the device, which is unlikely, knowing Apple as they are pretty much against the thought of too much CPU power being used. Knowing that, Apple is saying its new update will put them way ahead of the smartphone markets, because its going to be a “fully fledged computer”
Right now its anyones call on what the new OS will bring, we will find out for sure, when and if Steve, Phill, or Scott announce it.
That’s right, y’all. We’re back at it, and this time we’ve received some exclusive iPhone OS 4.0 details from one of our trusty Apple connects.
Here are some iPhone OS 4.0 features, according to our guy:
- There will be multi-touch gestures OS-wide. (Would make sense for that as the rumored OS for the iTablet is close if not the same as the iPhone)
- “A few new ways” to run applications in the background — multitasking.
- Many graphical and UI changes to make navigating through the OS easier and more efficient. We haven’t had this broken down, but we can only hope for improved notifications, a refreshed homescreen, etc.
- The update will supposedly be available for only the iPhone 3G and 3GS, but will “put them ahead in the smartphone market because it will make them more like full-fledged computers” more than any other phone to date. Everyone is “really excited.”
- The last piece of information is the most vague, but apparently there will be some brand new syncing ability for the contacts and calendar applications.
That’s all we have for now! Who can’t wait for next Wednesday?