The new Xbox 360 dashboard update is hitting Tuesday, December 4Th and Microsoft finally gave us the information that is the new update. This is the real on unlike the rumored update previously only a few from their made it in this one. Sadly, I wish the Xbox theme screen-savers were in there. The main one in there are the FoF Feature and DivX feature, and the Xbox Originals. Video and additional after the break.
- Improved Video Library.
- Improved visuals and descriptions.
- Users can now sort movies and TV Shows in the video library by Title or (Download) Date.
- TV shows can now be grouped by Series .
- Group video and game trailers .
- Art associated with personal video files on a portable device will now be displayed.
- Easier to use media areas and improved metadata .
- Improved source selection for video, picture, and music libraries, making it easier to switch between console/digital camera, computer, portable device or disc.
- New “Suggested Items” link for downloaded movies.
Media – All
- Added more user friendly text for various error related messages
- Added Shortcut keys from Remote Control: Pressing Play on a Video/Song/Picture will immediately start playback of that item from the list (pressing Start from gamepad does the same thing)
- Added support for Album/Video artwork larger than 500kb
- Added support to enumerate metadata in the background and not just when selected by the user
- Added support to make sort options sticky across console reboots
- Added support to show all available Media Sharing Servers on the local network and allow automatic re-affiliation
- Automatically delete older versions of Optional Media Update package when new ones are downloaded
- Improved consistency in storage naming across all areas
- Improved performance for displaying Album Art when connected to remote sources
- Improved text messaging when connection to PC is lost when streaming Music/Photo or videos
- Improve boot speed with media when console startup is to boot-to-dash