Santa Clara (CA) – Nvidia today introduced its latest and greatest graphics chip, the Geforce 8800. Previously code-named G80, the new GPU offers more functionality and a significant rise in the sheer power of the GPU – including DirectX 10 support and a capable physics engine.If you are an enthusiast gamer, then it’s once again time to consider a graphics upgrade to keep up with the Jones’ and your online competition. The new Geforce 8-series is a massive upgrade over the current 7-series, easily more substantial than the previous transition from the 6800 to the 7800 models. Compared to the GeForce 7900 with 278 million transistors, the new 8800 models are also manufactured in a 90 nm manufacturing process, but carry a whopping 681 million transistors.
About The Author
November 5, 2006
November 9, 2006
December 4, 2007
June 10, 2008
- Upscaling to 4K your old footage.
- The very first USB-C Edge Go microphone
- 4 Female Inventors Who Revolutionized Industry and Technology
- Now over 200 Blockchain Projects deployed at Earnest & Young. An Exclusive Interview With Paul Brody, Ernst & Young Global Blockchain Leader
- Repurposing an iPad Air as a home control panel